Hello, lovely ladies! Hope you are doing absolutely amazing, even though it's officially summer (so hot, my God!). But it's finally the shaadi season now, and not just shaadi, other occasions are lined up for you, we're sure! 2022 is all about trends and new styles, but some things never get old, right? Like your banarasi saree, which you can wear in a simple traditional way, or even customise as you want. Let us share some of the amazing hacks of wearing a banarasi.
- Congratulations if it’s your wedding! We, along with your friends and family, would love to see you in a traditional Banarasi drape, and a long golden veil to bring out the grand desi bride vibe. As for the jewellery, heavy gold jewellery, mixed and matched with kundan jewellery is a BIG yes!
- If you're one of the bridesmaids and want the gorgeous look to turn heads, a heavy-work banarasi saree with neatly-pleated pallu and combined with oxidised jewellery would be a great match for you. Go for either black polished oxidised heavy earrings, or a chunky necklace. You can choose the necklace according to the neckline of the blouse you're wearing. Wear a few big oxidised bangles, and for the added drama, a nathni. Girl, you're gonna be the most beautiful bridesmaid ever!
- Contrasting your Banarasi saree with a pop shade is often a good idea. So if you wear a saree which has purple as the base colour and heavy intricate designs on it, wear a solid purple blouse of the same kind. Keep the jewellery minimal but elegant for the charming look. This will look great at dinner parties or even cocktail parties.
- For the best friend/younger sister of the bride, here's a valuable tip: if you want to add more flare to your attire, you can wear a cummerband like Alia Bhatt in 2 States and tie your hair in a bun instead of braiding your hair, and decorate it with a beautiful garland.
If you're someone who has a fusion style, we got your back too!
- You can easily upcycle a Banarasi (maybe, ask your mom first?) and turn it into something you'd love. For example, you can choose to turn a banarasi saree into a long skirt and can pair it up with a solid coloured, sleeveless crop top. Or, you can wear a trendy blouse and with a matching/contrasting dupatta, you have your very own lehenga! Pair it up with some elegant jewellery, depending on the work of the saree. For heavy designs, go minimal. If not, go for a gorgeous earring/necklace!
- If you're going ga-ga over the new song "Chand Baaliyan", get inspiration and wear one! Nothing can match up an upcycled banarasi skirt and an ethnic blouse and a pair of gorgeous chand baliyan. Thank us when someone dedicates the first line to you!
Ladies, we've got you covered for several upcoming occasions and we sincerely hope that these ideas work for you. We can't wait to see y'all decked up. But wait, would you like to see some of our newest collections before you decide on something? Have a look at it all and don't forget to send us pictures!